Interactive displays: immersive experiences at the point of sale
At the point of sale, enhancing the customer experience is critical to increasing sales. One way to do this is by using interactive displays that attract attention and create an immersive experience for shoppers. In this post, we will discuss the benefits of interactive displays and immersive experiences at the point of sale.
What do we mean by interactive displays?
Interactive displays are digital screens that can be interacted with by touch, voice or even gestures or movements. They are often used in retail environments to provide information about products, services or promotions. Interactive displays can also be used to create an immersive experience for shoppers, for example by providing virtual reality (VR) or augmented reality (AR) content.
In 2018, the global digital display market was valued at around USD 31 billion and is forecast to grow to USD 54 billion by 2025. This rapid growth is being driven by the increasing adoption of digital displays in a range of end-use industries, such as retail, healthcare, education and transportation.
Types of interactive displays
There are many types of interactive displays on the market, ranging from simple touch screens to more complex systems that use voice recognition or hand or face gestures.
Interactive displays can be used for a variety of purposes, such as providing product information, displaying digital content (such as videos or images) and even allowing customers to make purchases without having to queue at a traditional counter.
Interactive displays can be used both indoors and outdoors. Outdoor interactive displays are often weatherproof and resistant to the elements. They can be used to provide information about shop hours, promotions or products. Indoor interactive displays are typically found in shops, shopping centres or office buildings. They can be used for a variety of purposes, such as providing branding, product information or interactive content.
What are the advantages of using interactive displays at the point of sale?
There are many advantages to using interactive displays, including:
– Attracting attention: Interactive displays are eye-catching and can help draw customers into a shop.
– Increase customer engagement: Interactive displays can be used to provide information about products, services or promotions. They can also be used to create an immersive experience for shoppers.
– Reduce queuing: Interactive displays can be used to allow customers to shop without having to queue at a traditional counter.
– Improve customer satisfaction: Interactive displays can help improve the customer experience by providing relevant information and content.
-Loyalty and data: Interactive displays can also be used to create loyalty programmes and collect customer data.
Why are interactive displays important at the point of sale?
Interactive displays are important at the point of sale for retail because they can help to enhance the customer experience. For example, by using an interactive display, customers can obtain information about a product without having to ask a member of staff. This can save time and make the shopping experience more efficient.
There are a few things to keep in mind when using interactive displays, such as making sure that the content is relevant and that the display is placed in a strategic location. Interactive displays can be a great way to improve customer engagement and increase sales, provided they are used effectively.
Immersive experiences at the point of sale
Interactive displays can be used to create an immersive experience for shoppers by providing virtual reality (VR) or augmented reality (AR) content. This can help shoppers enhance the shopping experience.
Virtual reality on interactive displays
Interactive displays can be used to deliver virtual reality (VR) content. This can help shoppers visualise products before making a purchase.
For example, if a customer is looking at a dress on an interactive display, they could see how the dress looks on them using VR. This would allow them to try on the dress without having to physically try it on.
Augmented reality on interactive displays
Interactive displays can also be used to deliver augmented reality (AR) content. Augmented reality allows consumers to see digital content in the real world.
For example, a customer could see how a piece of furniture would look in their home before making a purchase. This would help them ensure that the furniture is the right size and style for their home.
What kind of immersive content can be displayed on interactive screens?
- Product information: This can help shoppers learn about products before making a purchase.
- Promotions: Can help shoppers learn about sales or discounts on products.
- Customer service: Can help shoppers get answers to questions or resolve problems they have with products.
- Product demonstrations: Can help shoppers see how products work before making a purchase.
- Interactive games: Can help shoppers have fun while waiting in line or examining products. Interactive games can also help promote products to shoppers.
- Interactive maps: Can help shoppers find their way around a shop or locate the products they are looking for.
Waapiti. Interactive displays. Digital Signage without limits.
Interactive displays are a great way to enhance the customer experience, providing shoppers with immersive experiences that can help them make informed buying decisions.
At Waapiti we understand the importance of the customer experience, and our interactive displays are designed to help you deliver an exceptional customer experience. Contact us today to find out more about our interactive displays and how they can help you improve your business or about digital signage in general.