Interactive displays for your gamification strategy
Do you want to increase engagement with your brand? If so, you should consider implementing a gamification strategy.
In this blog post, we’ll talk about what a gamification strategy is, the advantages of using interactive displays and success stories, among others. Let’s get started! Estimated reading time: less than 5 minutes.
What is a Gamification strategy?
A gamification strategy is an action plan that describes how playful and dynamic mechanics will be used to attract and engage users.
There are two types of gamification that can be applied both internally and externally in a company:
- External: aimed at customers or users of a product or service.
- Internal: aimed at employees to increase productivity or creativity.
Although there are several ways to implement these strategies, one of the most popular methods within Digital Signage is the use of interactive displays.
What are interactive displays?
Interactive displays are screens that allow the user to interact with the content on digital screens. This interaction can range from touching or swiping the screen or using a pencil or cursor to performing gestures or movements in front of it.
They can be presented in different formats, such as touch screens, interactive whiteboards and digital signage.
Interactive displays are an ideal tool for creating gamified experiences, interactive presentations or learning experiences in which the consumer is immersed in the brand’s content.
A perfect pairing
Advertising and gamification strategy are a binomial.
Advertising is evolving and changing, with the incorporation of new technologies that are being developed every day. Interactive displays are one of those technologies, which can be used to create more effective and interesting ads.
To keep pace with the competition and reach consumers in an increasingly fragmented media landscape, brands must employ innovative marketing techniques. Gamification is one such technique, and it is proving very successful.
In addition, as users spend more time on digital devices, brands are looking for ways to reach them. Gamification can do just that, by immersing users in an interactive experience that keeps them engaged for longer.
Why use interactive displays for your gamification strategy?
There are many reasons why you should use interactive displays for your gamification strategy:
- – They are engaging: interactive displays are highly engaging, which means that users are more likely to interact with the content on the screen.
- They are versatile: Interactive displays can be used for a variety of purposes, such as gamifying learning experiences, creating interactive presentations or infographics, and increasing brand engagement.
- They are easy to use: Interactive displays are easy to use, making them a great option for any type of audience, any age or technology level.
- They are customizable: Interactive displays can be customized to meet the needs of your specific audience or target.
- Increased engagement: first and foremost, it is an effective way to get users more engaged with a product or service. It taps into human desires such as competition and achievement, which encourages people to continue using a product or service.
- Behavior change: has the ability to change user behavior for the better. It can help people learn new things and make lifestyle changes.
- Cost-effective: gamification is a cost-effective way to engage users. Compared to traditional marketing methods, it is much more affordable and often more effective.
- Big data: as users interact with this system, they generate data that can be used to improve strategies or even target specific users with marketing messages.
- Increases sales: in some cases, gamification has been known to increase sales by as much as 400%.
- Increased differentiation from the competition: with so many companies using traditional marketing methods, gamification can be a way to differentiate your company from the competition and stand out in a saturated market.
Starting from scratch? Basic strategies
Humans are naturally curious, so explore it.
From playing games, watching multimedia content or even shopping unattended is possible from these digital solutions.
Interactive displays are a great way to keep customers engaged and entertained throughout our offline conversion funnel. You can use them to display product information, discounts or even how to use a product. This is a great way to reduce customer support costs, as users can get help with their purchase right on the screen.
Another thing customers can do on digital screens is watch videos. This is a great way to keep them entertained while waiting at the doctor’s office or on the train.
Finally, digital screens can be used to “play games”. This is a great way to engage customers and keep them entertained while they are in your store by taking up time slots that might otherwise lead to dissatisfaction, such as checkouts, queues to be served, etc.
If we join the potential of the use of digital displays to other technologies such as RFID we will get many more possibilities to show valuable information about a product, about a demonstration of its use or about a comparison between similar products.
Solutions such as Lift & Learn are an example of this fusion of technologies. The Lift & Learn approach allows you to act as a product prescriber and enrich customer experiences by helping them in their decision making.
There are many examples of success stories that apply interactive displays and other digital signage solutions, such as Waapiti’s, in their marketing strategies. Some of the most notable ones are:
Do you want to know their success stories? Find out more at Waapiti.
Waapiti. Digital Signage without limits.
Gamification has become a powerful tool for many retailers and interactive screens are a great channel for this strategy. If you are looking for a more attractive and effective way to reach your target audience and increase engagement with your brand, you should learn more about Waapiti.
Contact us to learn more about how interactive displays can increase your company’s engagement or request your free demo.