Types of digital signage, make the smart choice
It’s no secret that digital signage is replacing traditional advertising formats such as paper and billboards. In this post, we’ll talk about the different types of digital signage and how you can choose the right one for your business. We’ll also discuss the benefits of using digital signage and how it can help you achieve your marketing goals.
The digital revolution
Advertising channels are rapidly modernising, and multimedia advertising is now the new platform that is dominating every market. Digital screens are filling the space to showcase a new way of interacting with customers. This is what we know as digital signage, an advertising revolution that is here to stay.
What are the advantages of digital signage?
There are many advantages to using digital signage.
- It is easy and quick to update and change content.
- It is possible to target specific audiences with specific content.
- It can be used to display information in real time.
- Digital signage is a cost-effective way to reach customers.
- It is an environmentally friendly way to communicate with customers.
It can help businesses
- In the long term save money on advertising by replacing paper or other traditional advertising methods.
- Generate more leads and sales by displaying targeted content.
- Increase brand awareness, positioning and visibility.
- Improve customer service by providing critical information to retailers, such as shop hours, details of their product offering, generating cross-selling.
- Increase sales and conversions.
Digital signage can also help customers to
- Reduce waiting times with interactive or informative content.
- Improve customer experience with targeted content.
- Increase loyalty and repeat purchases with personalised content.
What are the different types of digital signage?
Digital signage can be found both outdoors and indoors and each type has a different purpose.
Outdoor digital signage: Outdoor digital signage is typically used for advertising or branding purposes. It is often placed in high-traffic areas such as bus stops, train stations and shopping malls, and brands also use their storefronts to generate attraction.
Indoor digital signage: depending on the target vertical, it is often used for decorative or informational purposes. It can be found in chain shops, office buildings, retail shops, restaurants and hotels. Indoor digital signage is often used to display menus, directions, shop hours and product information.
What solutions can I implement?
There are countless options when it comes to digital signage display types, and the right one for your business will depend on your specific needs and objectives. Some of the most common types of digital signage are:
In-window displays: These are usually placed in places of great attraction due to the volume of people passing by and are guaranteed to be attractive as they are a powerful entrance hook along with attractive animated content.
Interactive displays: These displays allow customers to interact with the content, for example, by touch or voice. They can be used to provide information, directions or product details.
Videowalls: these are made up of multiple screens that display video content on each of these screens individually or create a large canvas where, due to the nature of the content to be broadcast, high definition is required.
Digital menu boards: these are electronic screens that display information about products or services as a menu board. They can be used in restaurants, cafeterias and other businesses where customers need information about products.
Product displays: these are digital displays that show information about a specific product. They can be integrated into furniture or within the shop space. They mostly provide information about a product or service.
There are two main types of displays for digital signage: LCD and LED.
LCD (liquid crystal display) screens are the most common type of digital signage yet LED (light emitting diodes) are gaining ground exponentially. Both can be used in a wide range of environments, such as indoors or outdoors.
LED displays are more expensive than LCDs, but consume less energy and have a longer lifetime.
Tips for choosing the right digital signage for your business
The first step is to identify your specific needs and objectives. Once you know what you want to achieve, you can start working out what display formats and strategies you need to achieve successful digital communication.
There are many factors to consider, such as the cost of the hardware, the durability of the hardware, the quality of the image. You also need to think about where you will place the screens and whether it should be weatherproof or not.
There are many factors to consider when implementing digital signage solutions for your business. However, if you take the time to research your options and compare different products, you can find the perfect solution for your needs.
From Waapiti we can help you choose the digital signage screens that best suit your project as well as the cloud platform for digital signage where you can coordinate, manage and execute all the content programming actions in a fast, reliable way and avoiding human errors.
Digital signage and technology: a perfect combination
Digital signage is a perfect way to take advantage of the latest technology. Displays can be connected to the internet so businesses can display information in real time or create immersive experiences. Thanks to Artificial Intelligence we can impact in a more personalised way the target audience we are looking for. They can also be used to display content from social networks, such as Twitter feeds or Facebook posts.
With Waapiti’s digital signage software you will get:
- Management in the cloud: The platform grows automatically thanks to a cloud-native architecture, which allows it to have unlimited scalability and high availability.
- A very intuitive interface: You can start adding content in a few clicks and have control of editing, scheduling and content distribution very easily.
- Improves the user experience: It has different user levels, background functionality, mass actions on specific screens, launches specific content at specific times…
Waapiti applications are almost infinite thanks to the powerful software with which you can have:
- Control of the screen status in real time.
- Scheduled and automated content management.
- Unlimited content generation through templates.
- Intelligent scheduling by tags.
- Different user roles to co-manage content broadcasting.
- Integration with leading manufacturers and third party applications.
- Live content.
- Multi-channel scheduling and triggers.
- Background functionality.
- Mass actions.
- Piped music integration.
Waapiti. Smart digital signage for your business.
Digital signage is a versatile tool that can be used in a variety of ways to enhance the customer experience. At Waapiti, we offer the ideal platform to manage any digital signage display easily, at any time and from any device.
Contact us for more information and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have about our platform or digital signage in general.